30-Days of Prayer for the Muslim World
From 1 – 30 August, most Muslims will be celebrating Ramadan - the month of fasting. It is one of the five pillars of the Islamic faith and coincides with the month in which they believe Mohammad received the Qur'an.
The purpose of fasting during Ramadan is to purify yourself of bad habits and thoughts. It is also a time to focus on God. Expectations rise and many Muslims hope to see supernatural visions or have divine dreams.
The 27th night of Ramadan is known as Laylat al-Qadr - the night of power. This is the night they believe an angelic messenger gave Mohammad the Qur'an. According to the Qur'an, angels descend to earth on this night. It is thought to be "better than a thousand months" and Muslims hope to have their prayers answered at this time.
A PRAYER GUIDE is available HERE or join millions of Christians around the world HERE
• The Lord to reveal Himself to Muslims all over the world during Ramadan. (Deuteronomy 4:29)
• Their blind minds to be opened to the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. (II Corinthians 4:4)
• Their hearts to become good soil for the seed of the Word. (Matthew 13:23)
• The Holy Spirit to bring conviction of sin and show them they cannot do enough "good works" to earn their way to heaven. Pray for them to accept the truth that salvation is found only in Jesus Christ, the one and only Son of the Living God. (II Corinthians 7:10; Matthew 16:16)
• The Lord to give Muslims dreams and visions - especially on the night of power. (Acts 2:19)
• The salvation of members of Islamic terrorist groups such as al-Qaeda, Hamas, the Taliban, al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb and Lashkar-e-Taiba. Pray they will have a supernatural encounter with Christ. (I Timothy 2:4)
• More Muslims to come to Christ during this Ramadan than in all of history combined. (Romans 10:9,10)
• A tremendous harvest of souls as Muslims realize who Jesus Christ is and put their faith in Him as Savior and Lord. (John 4:35)
Source : Window International Network / The 30 Days Prayer Network
Horn of Africa and parts of East Africa affected by draught
More than 10 million people are being affected by the worst drought in 60 years in the Horn of Africa. The U.N. is now calling the situation a famine.
Some of the hardest-hit areas include Ethiopia and Somalia. Steve Wile, Canada President of WorldServe Ministries, puts it in perspective. "In this particular area, there are likely five million people who are living in a food insecure area. They're in an emergency situation, or they're in a crisis situation."
Food for the Hungry says a response in Somalia is tougher to muster because of Al-Shabaab, the terrorist group in charge.
• Relief Agencies to be able to bring the necessary supplies to those who need it the most.
• For the staff members of the Agencies and Ministries and for partnerships between these to be Kingdom minded.
• The Church in these areas as well as neighboring countries to show the love of Jesus as most of these regions are predominantly Muslim.
• The Governments of the affected regions to make the right decisions and put aside political issues in order to help those in need.
• For organizations and ministries who are trying to raise funds to be successful in their campaigns.
• The World to become aware of the need and do whatever is necessary.
People in Norway still mourn the loss of loved ones
Norwegian churches were open all last weekend mourning the loss of nearly 100 people killed in the terrorist attack Friday, 22 July.
Lennart Olsen ([email protected]) reports: “We can thank God that so many people in Norway have been standing together, showing compassion and supporting each other.”
• The survivors who are still fighting for their lives (18 people are critically injured)
• The youth and grown-ups that survived the nightmare at Utøya - that Jesus would heal them and fill them with hope
• Healing and comfort for all the people who have lost their loved ones
• The leaders in Norway - for continued wisdom, comfort and strength
• Unity and a more loving society
• Grace to forgive
• A great prayer movement to arise
• Lasting revival, reformation and the salvation of many
According to Lennart a girl from the Labour Party said concerning the killings: "If one man can show so much hate, think about how much love we can show together." May we all take that to heart! Come Prince of Peace and heal our land!
Another Epistle to the Corinthians – Greece 2011
It has been some time since the Apostle Paul wrote his two letters to the Corinthians.
In the coming summer vacations some 750 villages and towns in the area surrounding Corinth, Greece will again be receiving the letters from Paul, as well as the rest of the New Testament writers.
Around 300 volunteers from around the world will take part in a mass distribution of scriptures to 90,000 homes in the area. The copies of the New Testament will be in modern Greek published by the Bible Society.
Very few Greeks own a copy of the Bible as it is regarded as a study book for theologians and clergymen. And not intended to be read by the masses. Those that do possess a copy of the Bible treat it more as a good luck charm or an ornament.
During this project 90,000 households will be receiving a beautifully bound copy of the New Testament in a language they would expect to find in their daily newspaper. It is the sort of Greek the venerable apostle would have used if he had been sending out his epistles today.
Read full article HERE
• The volunteers who will be distributing these Bibles
• For Hellenic Ministries who is organizing the distribution of the Bibles
• For every Greek and Greek household who will have a Bible for the first time, that the Holy Spirit will speak to each one through the Word of God
• That there will be no resistance from the Greek Orthodox Church in any way