Transforming the 10/40 Window Nations through the Power of Prayer
THE 10/40 WINDOW: The term has been around since 1990, yet there are still many Christians who are not familiar with the 10/40 Window. While it may sound mysterious or complicated, it is neither.
The 10/40 Window is simply that region of the globe between the 10th latitude South and the 40th latitude North. It includes many of the nations in North Africa and the Middle East, as well as South, Southeast and East Asia. There are 68 nations in this area. The 10/40 Window has been targeted for special, focused prayer because it is home to:
• 4.5 billion people
• the majority of the world’s Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists
• the majority of the world’s least-reached people groups
• the poorest of the poor (more than eight of every 10 impoverished people)
• 45 of the 50 nations where Christians are most persecuted
Window International Network
Founded in 1999, the mission of Window International Network (WIN) is to encourage and mobilize the Body of Christ to pray for the most unreached part of the world – the 10/40 Window.
WIN accomplishes this by informing and equipping Christians to pray, taking prayer journey teams into the 10/40 Window to pray on site with insight, and by training 10/40 Window leaders to fulfil the Great Commission.
In order to meet those goals:
· WIN has launched nine Praying Through The Window (PTTW) worldwide prayer initiatives. Currently, PTTW9 is targeting global terrorism and world religions.
· WIN also publishes The 10/40 Window Reporter – a free monthly online magazine that provides prayer points for all 68 nations, along with articles about current events impacting the 10/40 Window.
· It also contains a section called WindowKids, which educates children and gets them involved in praying for this region.
· Emergency Prayer Alerts (EPAs) are another means of informing intercessors. These alerts are made available via email to address critical needs and concerns in the 10/40 Window.
At the WIN website – www.WIN1040.com – there are profiles and prayer points for every 10/40 Window nation. Prayer calendars are also available, as well as books and other resources aimed at providing prayer warriors with up-to-date, accurate information.
In October, WIN issues daily profiles of the 68 nations in the 10/40 Window. This enables intercessors to pray for the entire 10/40 Window during that month. In addition, October 2, 2011 is 10/40 Window Sunday – a special day set apart to focus prayer on the 10/40 Window.
Join WIN as we mobilize prayer to transform the “resistance belt” into the “righteousness belt.” Please pray for the 10/40 Window.
Go to www.WIN1040.com and find out how you can be part of advancing the Kingdom of God in the final frontier of world missions.
“Prayer moves the hand of God. Once there is sustained, strategic and informed prayer in the 10/40 Window, we will witness massive numbers of unreached people coming to Christ. Pray that this will happen in our generation.” -Beverly Pegues.
BE PART OF ONE OF THE LARGEST PRAYER GATHERINGS ON EARTH!
Register participation for the Global Day of Prayer on 12 June 2011 of your prayer group, local Church, community or nation here.Don’t miss the live International Broadcast by God TV for The Global Day of Prayer anchored from Jacksonville Florida, June 11th, 2011 at 6:00 pm eastern at the Veteran’s Memorial Arena. Attend the two-day conference at the Hyatt Regency and Potter’s House for plenary sessions on Prayer, Transformation, Leadership and more! SEE YOU THERE!