Today, Monday, 18 April 2011, is the Global Day of Prayer for Turkey.
From the Alliance of Protestant Churches (Turkey) comes the following message:
To Church Leaders and Christians Worldwide,
Greetings from the church in Turkey -- from the land of Noah, of Abraham, of Paul, of Ararat and Harran, of Antioch, Ephesus, Galatia, of the Seven Churches of Revelation...
· Please pray for the blessing and peace of Turkey in general, as the Lord desires us to bless and be a blessing to all. "By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted..." Proverbs 11:11
· Pray the Lord will display His love and mercy to the people of Turkey by pouring out His Holy Spirit upon our land, revealing His glory through healings, signs and wonders.
· Pray the Lord breaks down the lies and the endless disinformation about Christ, the Bible and Christians that has blinded and hardened hearts in our land.
· Pray that God redeems the negative memories of history. "Of course, we are living in the flesh, but we do not fight in a fleshly way. For the weapons of our warfare are not those of the flesh. Instead, they have the power of God to demolish fortresses. We tear down arguments and every proud obstacle that is raised against the knowledge of God, taking every thought captive in order to obey Christ." 2 Co. 10:3-5
· Pray that hearts and eyes are opened to see Jesus as the way, the truth and the life.
font-family: Symbol;">· Pray the Turkish believers who are always on the frontline to walk close to the Lord.
· Pray for refreshing, emboldening, strengthening, protection and encouragement.
· Pray for more servant hearted leaders. For good role models. For faithful laborers.
· Pray for the ongoing unity amongst the churches and for its increase and deepening. "May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 15:5, 6
Thank you for your prayers. May the Lord's hand be upon you always.
On behalf of the Body of Christ in Turkey
Alliance of Protestant Churches (Turkey)
Please read the full message here and keep praying for Turkey even beyond this day.
Find more Prayer Information for Turkey here
North Korea Freedom Week 24 – 30 April 2011.
Three months ago, the Open Doors World Watch List positioned North Korea as the No. 1 persecutor of Christians for the ninth year in a row.
The evil empire of North Korea certainly deserves the ranking. In 2010, hundreds of embattled Christians were arrested for various reasons. Some were killed while others were sentenced to political camps. Last year there were 23 Christians in a house church in Pyungsung province who were discovered by the police. Three of them were immediately sentenced to death because of the meeting.
Open Doors USA is offering several ways in which people can help brave Christians in North Korea, estimated at 400,000, during North Korea Freedom Week April 24-30.
You can receive prayer e-mails from Open Doors during North Korea Freedom Week. The e-mails will offer information on North Korea and how Christians can pray for believers there, based on Scripture from Isaiah 59 through 66. To sign up to receive the seven e-mails, go to www.OpenDoorsUSA.org/nkfw.
Christians in the West can also send messages of hope into North Korea through the airwaves. Open Doors, in partnership with the North Korea Freedom Coalition, is urging participation in the "Letters From America" program hosted by Free North Korea Radio. Through the program, messages will be broadcast into North Korea. To send a message and for instructions on the contents of the message, go to www.OpenDoorsUSA.org/nkfw.
"North Korea is a nightmare which never ends for thousands. We need to bathe our brothers and sisters in prayer. Let's together shatter the darkness." says Michele Miller, Director of Open Doors USA Ministries.
Source : Mission News Network http://www.mnnonline.org/article/15609
Find more Prayer Information for North Korea here
Cinco de Mayo Prayer Initiative – 21 Days 24/7 Prayer
15 April – 5 May 2010
In answer to cries from people on both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border, faith leaders are launching a joint prayer and fasting initiative this month to seek divine intervention in resolving border problems and the drug cartel violence and trafficking that plagues the region.
Find more Prayer Information for Mexico here
An Update - COMMONWEALTH PRAYER INITIATIVE
Since sending the first information about CPI, there has been strong progress. There are now 49 nations taking part in Project 54, the adopt a nation campaign in the lead up to CHOGM 2011. This includes several non Commonwealth nations and the organizers are still working on getting the remaining nations in the Commonwealth on board.