Integral is pleased to announce that Baptist World Aid Australia has joined the alliance, bringing the Integral membership total to 18 agencies with their headquarters in 13 countries. Baptist World Aid Australia is affiliated with Australian Baptist Ministries.
John Hickey, Baptist World Aid’s CEO says: “It is a great privilege for Baptist World Aid Australia to be included in this tremendous alliance of many of the world’s leading Christian relief and development agencies. The primary common purpose is to improve our global impact and response to disasters and ongoing disaster management. However, the capacity to learn from each other, individually and institutionally, and to work bilaterally on projects across the development sphere, helps all of us to be more effective in our respective missions to see transformational change in the lives of people in poverty across the world. I am really appreciative of the vision and persistence of the leaders who have pioneered Integral Alliance and stewarded it along such a worthwhile path.”
Michael Nyenhuis, the Chair of the Integral Board, says: “The Integral Alliance is enriched by having another strong member like Baptist World Aid Australia. As our newest member, Baptist World Aid Australia brings a deep commitment to serve the poor in Christ's name, strong technical expertise in relief and development and a network of global partners that will add to the collective work of Integral.”
The Integral Board, made up of the CEO’s and Presidents of its Member organisations, voted unanimously in favour of Baptist World Aid Australia joining Integral at its October 2012 Board meeting.
For more information, visit Baptist World Aid Australia’s website: www.baptistworldaid.org.au
Integral Alliance is a WEA affiliate and has served as a Global Partner to the WEA in the field of relief and development since 2006. Integral contributes to the WEA’s goal of fostering Christian unity around the world through working with its Members on a more integrated and collaborative strategy in disasters.
More Information about Integral:
• Integral’s vision is a world without poverty.
• Our mission is to work in collaboration as national relief and development agencies committed to maximising the holistic impact of our Christian response to the poor worldwide. Integral’s main focus is on working together when disasters happen, and to find opportunities for our Members to collaborate and so maximise our resources and impact following a disaster.
On Integral Collaboration:
• Integral’s goal is for all its Members to become more effective and efficient in their work and to see greater impact and reach as a result of working collaboratively. This means making sure that Integral Members share information and play complementary roles with the resources they have available when an emergency happens. The Integral Secretariat plays a co-ordinating role to facilitate better communication between all Members in disaster situations with the aim of increasing support and avoiding duplication.
• Integral is committed to working with the Micah Network and the World Evangelical Alliance to ensure that excellence is championed and collaboration encouraged within our wider constituencies.
Integral has 18 Members who work in over 85 countries and currently fund over 1100 projects in more than 30 sectors. Our Members have a combined income of over $350m USDs and are:
CEDAR Fund - Hong Kong
Christian Reformed World Relief Committee – Canada & USA
Food for the Hungry – USA
Integra - Slovakia
MAP International - USA
Missions Alliance - Norway
Mission East - Denmark
SEL France - France
Strømme Foundation - Norway
TEAR Australia – Australia
Tearfund - Belgium
TEAR Fund - New Zealand
Tear Fund - Switzerland
Tearfund – UK
World Concern - USA
World Relief Canada - Canada
World Relief - USA
In disaster situations Integral Members have previously collaborated in:
• 2012: S. Sudan.
• 2011: Cote d’Ivoire, Libya, North Korea, South Sudan, Japan earthquake, Middle East, East Africa food crisis
• 2010: Haiti earthquake, Sahel food crisis, Indonesia earthquake, Guatemala Hurricane, Pakistan floods
• 2009: Sri Lanka (internally displaced people), Pakistan floods, Asian disasters
• 2008: Kenya Unrest, China Earthquake, Myanmar Cyclone, Democratic Republic of Congo, East Africa Food Crisis, India floods
• 2007: Bangladesh Floods, Zimbabwe Humanitarian Crisis
• 2006: Indonesia Earthquake
• 2004: Indonesia Tsunami, Sri Lanka Tsunami
Deborah Hancox, Interim Director of Integral
Sarah Fordham, Integral Communications