The Micah Network's Integral Mission Initiative is facilitating several National Conversations around Integral Mission over the next few months.
A National Conversation is an event which brings together all those within a country with an interest in promoting the theology and practice of integral mission within their churches, and who have the capacity and influence to carry this out in some way.
Upcoming National Conversations:
- Nigeria: March 16 – 20, 2009
- Perú: March 27 – 29, 2009
- Tanzania: April 16 – 21, 2009
- Ethiopia: June, 2009
Completed National Conversations:
- Rwanda: January 17 – 20, 2009
- Bolivia: March 6 – 8, 2009
- Kenya: March 10 – 12, 2009
- Argentina: March 13 - 15, 2009
Future monthly updates will include stories of what happened, what we've learnt and what is being planned next, as well as further opportunities to connect with the Integral Mission Initiative.
For more information about the events themselves, please contact Ruth Alvarado (Latin America) at http://email@example.com or John Wesley Kabango (Africa) at http://firstname.lastname@example.org or http://email@example.com .
For more information about the Integral Mission Initiative and National Conversations, please contact Jenny Grove at http://firstname.lastname@example.org .
Call2All is a worldwide movement that is bringing prayer and missions together in order to fulfil the Great Commission.
Call2All will be organizing a Global Congress in Hong Kong aimed at bringing thousands of top Christian leaders across the world together to network and more effectively strategize together on completing the Great Commission. The Congress will be running alongside the Global Day of Prayer (May 31, 2009) and the Global Day of Missions (June 7, 2009).
Please visit http://www.call2all.org/ to learn more about Call2All and the upcoming Congress.
Several materials were circulated within the network in conjunction with International Women’s Day on March 8, 2009. Members may view them at the following links:
For more information on International Women’s Day, please visit http://www.internationalwomensday.com/ .
Micah Network member, Tearfund has recently published a case study on Gender, HIV and the Church written by Mandy Marshall, Idrissa Ouedraogo and Maggie Sandilands.
The case study outlines the programme in Burkina Faso and Zimbabwe over the last 3 years in working through the local church to challenge and change culturally and Biblically based attitudes on gender and sexual rights in the context of HIV and AIDS. The local organisations took a relationship based approach to gender in engaging the local church communities. The case study gives stories of transformation along with Bible studies to engage the church. The programme has seen some amazing success and outlines key aspects of the programme for replication, challenges faced and future issues to consider.
Please visit this link to access the case study:
UNAIDS has launched its e-Dialogue on universal access on February 26, 2009.
Members are invited to share their perspectives and concerns on universal access with UNAIDS by registering at http://forums.unaids.org/ . A new topic will be tabled each week and the forum is currently into its second week of discussions.
March 5th 2009 marks United Mission to Nepal's 55 years of service to the people and country of Nepal.
Please join us in congratulating United Mission to Nepal and to pray for God’s continued blessings on the staff team as they share the love of Christ to the many communities in Nepal.
To commemorate the occasion, United Mission to Nepal has launched a new website: http://www.umn.org.np/ .
Please join with us in prayer for the following:
- Heavy fighting in Sri Lanka ’s eastern war zone over the weekend forced more families to flee to safety. An estimated 36,000 people have crossed from The Liberation Tigers of Tamil Elam (LTTE) territory to the government-held areas since January. The International Committee of the Red Cross estimates that at least 150,000 people are still trapped in the conflict zone. Many of them are now crammed onto a narrow 12 km long strip of beach. Aid agencies cannot get access to people on the beach and the conditions are grim. Please pray for those traumatized by this conflict and for humanitarian agencies, including Micah Network member LEADS, to reach the people with essential aid items.
- Liberia is experiencing a caterpillar invasion. Whole fields of crops are being destroyed. Water in wells has been contaminated by caterpillar droppings. Villages across four counties have reportedly already been affected and UN warns that the plague could spread across West Africa. Please pray for farmers who have already lost their crops and that measures taken to contain the infestation will be effective.
- National Conversations on Integral Mission are being planned for Nigeria and Peru. This event will be held by Micah Network with various host agencies. Please pray for Micah Network Regional Coordinators, Ruth Alvarado and John Wesley Kabango as they work tirelessly to prepare for the events.
- The Micah Network Asia Coordinating Group is holding a Leadership Seminar to be held in India 21-25 March 2009. Please pray for Micah Network’s Asia Region Coordinator, Sundar Daniel, and Micah Network board member Dino Touthang as they make final arrangements for the event.
- Planning is progressing well for the e to be held in Kenya from 13-18 July 2009. Three key committees have been formed to assist Micah Network in the planning of the Consultation: the Local Organising Committee, Climate Change Advisory Group and International Program Team. Please pray for this stage of planning.
- Please pray for Anita Deutschmann who is no longer working with Micah Network. Please pray that she enjoys her new job and that it brings interesting challenges and opportunities.
- Please pray for Jane Furniss as she prepares to return to her role as International Director from April 1, 2009 after 4 months leave of absence. Please pray for strength and wisdom as Jane balances her family and work life.
- Please continue to pray for the recruitment of a Project Assistant to the Micah Network office in Malaysia. We still have not been able to identify someone for the position and are very eager to appoint someone as soon as possible. Please pray that we find the right person for the role urgently.
Thank you very much for your prayers and support.