Please send all donations and correspondence to:
8040 161st Ave. NE # 132
Redmond, WA 98052
PRAY FOR US !
DR RICK KINGHAM IS RECOVERING FROM SURGERY FOR A DETACHED RETINA. PLEASE PRAY FOR A FULL RECOVERY AS VISION RETURNS. HE RECENTLY SPOKE TO A CONFERENCE OF VIETNAMESE LEADERS IN THE NORTHWEST US. THE OPPORTUNITIES ARE MULTIPLYING! PRAY FOR WISDOM ID SCHEDULING AND FOR FINANCING THE VISION!
WE APPRECIATE YOUR PRAYERS AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT
YOU MAY GIVE ONLINE THROUGH THE TOPIC WEBSITE...IT IS SAFE AND SECURE!
GO TO :
CLICK ON "DONATE NOW", THEN FOLLOW THE PROMPTS.
ONE MINUTE MONTHLY UPDATE
PASTORING PASTORS IN SOUTH AFRICA VISION WORKSHOP
"I now realize that my position in the church does not make me any more valuable to God than any other of His followers. I know that every member is important to God, and therefore is important to my church. The person that sweeps the floor of the church is valuable and is a contributor to the Body of Christ."
With those words, Pastor Sam shared the change in his thinking and his heart at the conclusion of the Pastoring of Pastors Vision Workshop in Lilongwe, Malawi on 24 July. Pastor Sam was one of 57 pastoral leaders that gathered for that one-day workshop, an introduction to Pastoring of Pastors (POP) and its necessity for pastoral and church health.
POP begins with a biblical understanding of the Body of Christ - that every member is important, that each member needs other members, and that every member provides care to others (1 Cor 12). Pastoral leaders provide care to other members of the Body; with their growing understanding that they are eligible to - that they must - receive care, they are beginning to gain health. And their church leadership is growing in health and effectiveness.
Plans are currently being developed to move into a POP training phase with the pastoral leaders in Lilongwe, and in two other Malawian cities. The intended outcome will be the formation of POP small groups, where pastoral leaders and their spouses will give and receive pastoral care. In addition, discussion is taking place to explore the implementation of POP with the student body of a denominational seminary in Lilongwe, enabling leaders-in-training to acquire the hunger, skills and experience to implement POP on their campus, and eventually in their churches as well.
POP facilitators in Lilongwe were Rev. Josenildo Müller of ACTOS Ministry (one of the key developers of POP in Southern Africa), Dr. Johan Combrinck of AFnet, and Pastor David Bulger begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting of TOPIC Southern Africa. For more information, contact Müller at [email protected] or Bulger at [email protected].
AN INVITATION TO PRAY
The following was recently sent from our dear brother J. Paul Landrey and his wife Carol. Please pray for their family during this difficult time.
It is with deep sorrow that we share this news ~ our "Rich,"
our dearest and only son,
went to be eternally with the Lord on Sunday, August 29, 2010.
We are saddened because Rich is no longer with us on this earth. But, since he trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ as his Savior, we know that HE has welcomed him into HIS loving arms. We know that we will meet again, in that Great Homecoming in Glory!
Our confidence is in the Lord Himself
and in His enduring promise:
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am...I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
- John 14:1-3, 6 (NIV)
Please pray for each member of our family,
Paul and Carol Landrey
P. O. Box 965, Elkhorn, NE 68022; Email: [email protected]
CHANDRAPUR TRANSFORMATION EVENTS SEE GREAT SUCCESS
The city of Chandrapur (Maharastra) was chosen to have a week long city transformation events from 15 August to 22 August 2010. The following events took place. These events were co-ordinated by Rev. Anurag Nirmal, Senior Pastor of India Friends' Fellowship. This was organized by Trainers Of Pastors International Coalition (TOPIC)-India.
1. Leadership training: About thirty pastors of the Chandrapur city gathered for three days training on leadership excellence from 16 to 18 August 2010. It was an intensive training for pastors. Loy D'souza of taught on leadership based on Equip syllabus of John Maxwell. Joseph Rakanathan taught on Servant Leadership. Rev. Lawrence Gunaskeran taught on practical skills for pastors. "This training was unique and beyond our expectation," commented one pastor. "The practical sessions were very helpful for our ministry," shared another pastor. A certificate was awarded for all the participants who attended all the three days of training.
2. Professionals - Teachers' Retreat: On 19 August, one day retreat was organized for teachers in the city. Over 40 teachers from various schools and colleges participated in this event. Joseph Ramanathan spoke to them on interpreting Scripture to their work context. Lawrence Gunasekaran encouraged the teachers to invest in the Kingdom of God. They were challenged to demonstrate Kingdom values in their work context. It was an unique programme organized exclusively for teachers for the first time.
3. Youth Rally: A youth rally for the city was organized where 55 plus young boys and girls from various churches participated. Antony Raj spoke to the young people, challenging them to accept Lord Jesus Christ as personal savior. They were challenged from the life of David by Lawrence. The young people were to be like David to face the challenges of Goliath in their life. Joseph Ramanathan challenged for missions.
4. Writers' Vision Workshop: One day writers' vision workshop was organized to empower and encourage young people to write. The Christian writers should write blogs, articles, poetry, essays, cartoon strips, short stories, skits,...etc. Joseph Ramanathan spoke the biblical mandate to write. He also taught how to interpret the Scripture to the world. Antony Raj shared his experience - how he attended Writers' Vision Workshop in Chennai, how he was mentored and encouraged to write. "I have decided to write for the glory of God," said a pastor. Many youngsters resolved to write blogs.
5. Revival meetings: During evenings, special revival meetings were held in many churches. All the resource persons had opportunity to minister in various churches to equip and encourage believers to grow in the Knowledge of Word, faith and in witnessing.
The whole city was impacted by these events. Many good things are expected to come out of these events
YOUR PRAYERS KEEP US GOING !
We appreciate your prayers and your financial support for TOPIC. God is moving in extraordinary ways in these exciting days! The coalition partner organizations are truly seeing supernatural opportunities to train and resource the millions of pastors, leaders and church planters in the nations of the world. Help us continue the work of rallying together the hundreds of ministries for this strategic work!
Dr. Rick Kingham- International Director
J. Paul Landrey- Founding Director
TOPIC- Trainers Of Pastors International Coalition