“but God has surely listened and has heard my prayer.
Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!”
Psalm 66:19-20 NIV
Next week, 19 – 21 September 2011 a group of local as well as International prayer leaders will gather in Seoul, South Korea to pray for critical breakthroughs regarding the issues regarding North Korea and for its liberation. They call it the Prayer Initiative for North Korea (PINK). http://www.pink2011.org/
PINK 2011 will also be a stepping-stone for the World Prayer Assembly, May 14-18, 2012 in Jakarta, Indonesia – more information available at www.wpa2012.org
During this time they aim to download strategies from the heaven for the global prayer issues of this generation: Islamization of the globe, the homosexual agenda, increasing natural disasters, restructuring of the global economy, etc.
They would like to connect various prayer networks all over the world to be united in focused prayers for these things and they expect that nation-wide prayer networks can emerge in Japan, China, and Korea and that these networks can be joined with each other to form an East Asian prayer network.
· Please pray for these leaders as they gather to seek God’s Face and intercede for a forgotten nation.
· Pray that the Lord will be the One who is glorified
· Pray that God will hear the cry on behalf of His Children
· PRAY FOR NORTH KOREA!!!!!!
Some disturbing facts about North Korea:
The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea commonly known as North Korea occupies the northern half of the Korean Peninsula. Many people in North Korea are dying of hunger and oppression every day. Several million have already perished under the regimes of Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il. The appalling human tragedies we see there have come about through the spirit of communism and idolization of egocentric leaders.
These are the some of the ways the nation has been described in the media and by those who have been there as eyewitnesses:
· Largest prison camp in world
· Worst human rights violating country
· 4 million North Koreans have died of starvation since 1995
· Famine again stalks the land
· 500,000 fled to China for survival, mostly women and 80% of them raped and sexually trafficked
· 1 million killed in concentration camps with cruel brutality
· Worst persecutor of Christians. Nowhere in the world is Christian persecution so fierce. Christians have to hide their faith; Christian parents can’t even share their beliefs with their children until they are old enough to understand the dangers. Owning a Bible could get you killed, or sent to a harsh labor camp. In 2010 hundreds of Christians were arrested. Some were murdered, others sentenced to labor camps. Despite the risks, the church is growing: there are an estimated 400,000 believers.
· Pray for endurance for the 50,000 and 70,000 Christians in labor camps
· Pray for parents who want to teach their children about Jesus
· In 2010 Kim Jong-Un was elevated to second in command. Pray that the situation will change for Christians when he becomes the new leader.
Watch this video clip and decide for yourself whether you can forget North Korea!!