WANTED: Volunteers for missionary service with Action International Ministries
GeneralFebruary 12, 2007
Top Five MOST URGENT needs for Career Service are urgently needed:
1. Guest House Supervisor and Administrative Assistant Gulu, Uganda
2. Administrative Assistant United Kingdom office
3. Short Term Coordinator for USA and Philippines office (and each field of ministry)
4. Children at Risk missionaries -- Ecuador (also for Brazil, Cambodia, Colombia, Honduras, India, Mexico, Malawi, Philippines, Uganda, and Zambia)
5. Evangelism & Discipleship missionaries (for each field of ministry)
OPPORTUNITIES FOR SHORT-TERM MISSIONARY SERVICE:
Two to eight weeks, June through August.
Teaching English as a Second Language (ESL certification or similar background required).
Elementary and Secondary Teachers (summer school at Logos International School).
Youth Ministry at an Orphanage (primarily with English speaking students).
Intensive Discipleship (select individuals are needed to work with a career missionary in individual discipleship of local believers).
Two to four weeks, during the spring and summer.
Skilled workers are needed in construction, plumbing, electrical installation, roofing, and tiling, at a center for foster children, orphans, long-term medical care and educational training.
Two to eight weeks, in July and August.
Short-term workers are needed to work with marginalized children, to help with sports events and renovation projects, to teach ESL and music, and for other ministries.
Church groups or Bible College teams can reach children and young adults in Mérida and outlying towns through camp ministry.
Trip dates are flexible. Camps are scheduled early April and mid-July to coincide with school breaks. With sufficient funding, other activities such as VBS or Bible Clubs can be scheduled at other times of year.
We also have internship opportunities available at our children's home in Mazatlán. Workers are needed to care for, play with, and teach the special needs kids in our family-oriented, live-in program.
Requirements for short-term service:
1. Must be at least 19 years old with one year of work experience or college/Bible school
2. A growing Christian
3. Active in the local church (home or college)
4. Recommended by pastor and church
7. Able to accept difficult circumstances
8. Good sense of humor and not easily discouraged
9. Spiritually mature
10. Able to accept someone else's leadership style
Costs are kept to a minimum. They include:
. Airfare (varies depending on destination) . Airport taxes (if applicable) . Room & Board $25-35 per day depending on location . Shots (if needed) . Administration fee: $25 . Health insurance $2 per day if needed . Personal spending money
How to apply:
If you are interested in serving short term with ACTION, please start by completing our 5-Minute Interview form on our website or request it from one of our offices. Application deadline for short term service is March 31, 2007.
ACTION USA . PO Box 398, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043-0398 . Tel. 425-775-4800 . [email protected] ACTION Canada . 3015 A 21st Street. NE. Calgary, AB T2E 7T1. Phone: (403) 204-1421 . [email protected] ACTION New Zealand . PO Box 8928, CHRISTCHURCH . 24 Balfour Terrace, Christchurch . Tel. 011-643-341-0933 . [email protected] ACTION United Kingdom . PO Box 144, Wallasey, Wirral CH44 5WE . Tel. 011-151-630-2451 . [email protected] . Registered Charity 1058661 . ACTION Web site: www.actionintl.org