About Family ChallengeFamily Challenge is a global strategic collaboration which aims to transform communities around the globe by partnering with the church to build families according to God’s design and equip families to be agents of change, impacting their communities for Christ.
Mission & Vision
To partner with the national alliances in supporting their network churches in building families according to God’s design and equipping them to be agents of change, impacting their communities for Christ.
Rise of national family movements with national leadership and network churches jointly and actively championing godly families.
- Formation of national leadership teams who will bring to fruition the above vision for their nations.
- See a shift in culture within the leadership of each local church to embrace a biblical theology of family, augment the health of the families within their churches, and systematically equip believers to live for Christ within their homes.
- See family champions raised up in churches to mentor and equip others in the area of family life.
- See a culture shift in individual families where married couples grow strong in marriage, parents assume their roles as primary mentors for their children’s development and spiritual growth, children are holistically and systematically developed within an effective infrastructure, and the family impacts its community with its lifestyle.
Ps. Matthew Ling
Matthew has been married to Rose for over 41 years and has two grown-up married children. They are very passionate about building strong families that develop children that would truly succeed in life. Matthew and Rose are actively involved in the family life programs.
Matthew is a Certified Family Life Educator under the National Council of Family Relations (U.S.) and currently provides global leadership to the Family Challenge in the Transform World Movement and the 4-14 Window Movement. He is also leading the family ministry development of the global network of national alliances of World Evangelical Alliance (WEA) and chairs the Family Commission of Asia Evangelical Alliance of WEA.
The organization’s structure consists of the Global Advisory team, Global Resource Leadership team, and the regional and national facilitation teams.
Please join us in prayers for our Almighty God to move in the following ways.
- To draw the heart of the global church leadership to focus on rebuilding the culture of discipleship of the home in the corporate church body.
- To raise up a larger committed global team of champions for the home discipleship emphasis.
- To grant the existing global leadership team the hearing ears to receive God’s plans for our Challenge.
- To release the other resources needed for the national family movements.