The Refugee Highway Partnership (RHP) is pleased to announce the African Refugee Highway Roundtable, to be held April 24-26 in Kampala, Uganda. The event will be held in cooperation with the Association of Evangelicals in Africa (AEA), Leadership 555, and REACT Services. Participants for this event should be leaders from churches and organizations either working with displaced peoples or seriously exploring it.
Brian O'Connell, Chairman of the RHP, says that the stated outcomes for regional roundtables are simple. Envision the church to the opportunities that God is presenting to serve displaced peoples through:
- connecting refugee ministries and their leaders;
- sharing information, best practices, and other resources;
- identifying where people/organizations are working and what gaps may exist;
- assisting in the development of strategies to create more welcoming communities for displaced peoples;
- Helping in the understanding that, more often than not, the greatest assets refugee ministries have are the refugees themselves.
- explore possible work together.