We at the ISHR pride ourselves in knowledge sharing as a tool for advocacy. These series will enable us connect with key actors in the human rights ecosystem around the world. We believe that bringing everyone into a safe space to share their stories, knowledge and experiences will strengthen our network as well as open opportunities for collaboration.
We are delighted to host the first Knowledge sharing series on the 15th of September 2022. These series will occur on every 3rd Thursday of the month from 3:30 -5:30 PM CET.
Topic of the Month: International Day for Democracy
Theme: Democracy in an Era of Geopolitics
This twitter spaces leverages our approach of multi-stakeholder dialogue and practical engagements with diverse Human Rights Actors.
The twitter spaces will include roundtable talks and a lively discussion between panelists and participants. Alex Martin Musiime, a Human Rights lawyer and an Advocate for Democracy will be the moderator for this, with the below keynote speaker and panelists:
- Thomas Paul Schirrmacher: Keynote Speaker
- Wanjeri Nderu: Panelist
- Matthias Boehning: Panelist
We’ll be exploring
Examine the state of democracy around the world.
- Discussion on elections as a tool for participatory democracy.
- Role of law, how much are institutions respected?
- Touch into the despotic regimes of the world.
- The role of the global community as a shield and vehicle that protects and promotes democracy.