The World Evangelical Alliance (WEA) is pleased to announce the new members of WEA International Council for the positions of Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer for 2008-2014.
Rev. Dr. Sang-Bok David Kim was named Chairman, the position previously served by Rev. Ndaba Mazabane, who will serve as Vice Chairman. Mr. Bruce Clemenger will serve as Secretary and Mr. Kenneth Artz as Treasurer.
The newly appointed Chairman Rev. Dr. Sang-Bok David Kim from South Korea presently serves as the Chairman of the Asia Evangelical Alliance (AEA). Rev. Kim also services as Co-chairman of Korean World Missions Association, president of Korean Association of Independent Churches and Missions, Chairman of transform World Movement and senior pastor of Hallelujah Community Church, Korea.
Rev. Ndaba Mazabane of South Africa, who will now serve as Vice-Chair, currently serves as President of the Association of Evangelicals in Africa (AEA), the Chairman of the International Bible Society-Send The Light (IBS-STL), Southern Africa and member of the Africa Advisory Council of IBS-STL. He is an ordained Baptist minister and was involved in church planting and pasturing for eight years. He is also the current Missions and Outreach Pastor at the Rosebank Union Church, Johannesburg, South Africa.
The newly elected Secretary, Mr. Bruce Clemenger of Canada is the President of The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada. Bruce has served the EFC since 1992 and is in regular contact with Christian leaders as well as key policy makers from coast to coast.
Mr. Ken Artz, the newly appointed Treasurer, has been involved in numerous WEA activities since 2002 including his position as Chairman of the WEA North American Council. He serves on numerous boards and committees for a wide range of Christian, business and philanthropic organizations. Mr. Ken is from the USA and fills the position previously served by Mr. John E. Langlois.
The International Director of the WEA Dr. Geoff Tunnicliffe welcomed the new appointees with the following statement.
“I am greatly encouraged by the appointment of the new International Council,” said Dr. Tunnicliffe. “The members of the council have an impressive depth of experience, leadership expertise and ministry skills. I look forward to working with this global team as we seek to serve the worldwide community of evangelical Christians.”
Other members of the International Council include:
· Miss Yara Hussein – Legal Advisor at UNHCR-Jordan
· Rev. Katei Kirby – CEO of the African and Caribbean Evangelical Alliance (U.K.)
· Mr. John E. Langlois – Emeritus member of the WEA International Council (Guernsey)
· Mr. Hans Henrik Lund – Vice President of Danish Evangelical Alliance
· Ms. Janet Morgan – International Director of Scripture Union International (Australia)
· Dr. Alfred Neufeld – Evangelical University of Paraguay, Association of Evangelical Churches (Paraguay)
· Mrs. Vinita Shaw – CEO of Trans World Radio-India
· Rev. John O. Smith – General Suprintendent of the Assemblies of God in Guyana
· Dr. Valdir Steuernagel – Vice President for Christian Commitments at World Vision International (Brazil)
· Rev. Dr. Geoff Tunnicliffe – International Director & CEO of the WEA
(The International Council exists to keep the Alliance focused on the cutting edge of spiritual, social and political realities. These men and women represent the cultural mosaic that is the fabric of today's global church.)
Get The Latest Updates
Subscribe To Our Newsletters
Choose from our various newsletters.