India is under attack from divisive forces both within and outside the country. These forces are attacking the very concept of India. Jesus Christ said, “Every country divided against itself is laid waste, and a divided household falls.”
India needs peace both within and at its borders. India needs its citizens to JOIN TOGETHER TO PRAY AND WORK FOR A RECONCILED INDIA.
- Mumbai 26/11: Terrorist attacks injured and killed hundreds, but united a billion citizens against terror.
- Kandhamal 23/09 till date: Killing of the Swami Laxmananda Saraswati by Maoists and the subsequent killing of over 58 Christians and displacement of over 50,000 Christians in Orissa, should unite citizens for peace.
Prayer, Fasting and Repentance for a personal holy life.
- Send Citizens for Peace Christmas greetings to people of all faiths and ideologies.
- Organize Citizens for Peace Christmas get-togethers/rallies/candle light vigil.
- Meet political, religious and social leaders and urge them to work for peace.
- Initiate Citizens for Peace dialogue between various religious communities.
- Conduct special prayer services for Orissa on 21st Sunday and 25th December.
Issued on Behalf of Indian Christian Community
Rev. Dr. Richard Howell
Evangelical Fellowship of India
New Delhi, India
Evangelical Fellowship of India (established 1951) is a charter member of World Evangelical Alliance, an accredited NGO with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations
Subscribe To Our Newsletters
Choose from our various newsletters.