On December 12, 2011, Christians all over the world will join together to pray for those in poverty.
There are approximately 1 billion people who struggle to survive on less than one dollar a day. And often, efforts to help these suffering masses are unsuccessful because of corruption - governments keeping aid from reaching the ones who need it.
Convoy of Hope wants to do something about this situation. It is their belief that God not only highly values the poor, but He wants His people to serve the poor. They also believe prayer is the answer.
According to Convoy of Hope, the Global Day of Prayer for the Poor and Suffering is a day to remember the poor and to "ask God to raise up workers, full of His love and power, to serve those in poverty."
Money is not enough. We must pray.
Mark your calendar and intercede for the poor on December 12. For more information, go to www.prayforhope.com
- Christians to be more aware of the needs in our world - especially in the 10/40 Window - and of the Lord's heart for those in poverty. (The Bible, Psalm 140:12)
- Christian humanitarian agencies to reach those who are suffering with aid and the Gospel. Pray for corrupt officials to be exposed and removed. (The Bible, Psalm 9:16)
- the Lord to provide hope, encouragement, and physical provisions to those who are impoverished. (The Bible, Job 5:16)
- the impoverished to receive salvation, justice, clean water, shelter, food, medicine, education, and job opportunities. (The Bible, Psalm 72:4)
- the poor to be used by God to usher His Kingdom into their nations. (The Bible, Matthew 6:10)
- the Gospel to be preached to the poor and for their suffering to be relieved. (The Bible, Isaiah 61:1)
Subscribe To Our Newsletters
Choose from our various newsletters.