May 28th, 2010
Please join us in prayer for Tibet on Sunday, 30 May 2010
Sometimes called the ‘rooftop of the world’ because of its location high in the Himalayan Mountains, this ancient nation is today a ‘non-nation’. Though it is home to nearly three million people – most of them Tibetans – Tibet is considered a territory of China.
This region of the world has a long history as a center of spiritual darkness, wrapped up in a religion called Bon in which casting spells and other forms of sorcery were common practice. When Buddhism came to Tibet it was mixed into the rituals of Bon, resulting in the creation of a particularly potent brand of Buddhism – Tibetan Buddhism – that involves witchcraft and magic.
Tibetans are oppressed by a terrorizing Mafia, as well as the government who only allow the rich and powerful any human rights. Christians experience persecution from both the Buddhist monks and the Communist Chinese. Converted Christians face discrimination from family and friends and missionaries are leaving Tibet to go to other countries. It is easiest for the Tibetans living either outside their country or on the borders to hear the Gospel.
Although the government limits access to Tibet, radio programs broadcast into the region offer the Good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the Tibetan language.
• Pray for the ‘rooftop of the world’ to become a beacon of Light of the glory of Christ shining brightly, displacing all darkness of the enemy.
• Pray for God to ‘rend the heavens’ and display His power and glory, destroying completely every stronghold of the enemy.
• Pray for the bondage of Bon, sorcery and Buddhism to be broken and rendered powerless, and for captives to be set free in the name of Jesus.
• Pray that the Tibetans who live outside or along the borders of Tibet will receive the Gospel and bring it to their own family and friends.
• Pray for an immediate end to the oppression and depression of Communism.
• Pray for peace between the government of China and the Tibetan people.
The GDOP Team
Subscribe To Our Newsletters
Choose from our various newsletters.