April 10, 2010
Refugees are people just like you and me; however, we are unaware that tens of millions of people around the world have been forced to flee their homes in order to escape persecution or war. This is where your congregation comes in - every year, churches celebrate World Refugee Sunday as a focus for raising awareness and pray in their own congregations to gather remember and support the refugees.
During Refugee Sunday, congregations can explore refugee experiences across the continents. Activities could range from Sunday school to the main worship service in the Church. Churches and organizations may initiate activities such as exhibitions, refugee issue debates, film screenings, conferences, music festivals, sports events, etc...the possibilities are limitless and the need is great!
Would you like to organize a World Refugee Day event in your community? Here are some ideas to Organize an Event:
• Invite a former refugee to speak at your small group or church and share their experiences
• Sunday schools and youth groups dedicate the Sunday of June 20th as World Refugee Sunday to discuss "refugees in the Bible in current context"
• Prepare an international meal for the congregations to taste and celebrate the diversity
• Dedicate the Sunday for Refugees to pray and support them throughour worship and devotion
• Organize a fundraiser to support refugee ministries, and RHP will be happy to facilitate suitable refugee projects around the globe.
Ephesus Global Roundtable: FINAL Registration! It's not too late to join us for the 2010 Ephesus Global Refugee Highway Roundtable May 19-21. More information on logistics, cost, anda detailed itinerary can be found on the Refugee Highway Partnership website at www.refugeehighway.net
Please also inform us if you would like information on the Middle East Refugee Ministry Roundtable prior to the global RHP Roundtable from May 17-19, 2010 for groups either seriously exploring or currently working in the greater Middle East region.
Click HERE to Register.
Note: This is an invitation only event. When you register it is an application to attend. You will be notified when your registration is accepted. Please DO NOT reserve flights or make other arrangements unless you receive official notification that your reservation is accepted.
The RHP Leadership Team