27th March 2012
Integral is pleased to announce that Food for the Hungry US has joined the alliance, bringing the Integral membership total to 17 agencies with their headquarters in 13 countries.
Dave Evans, Food for the Hungry’s U.S. President and Global Executive Officer, says: “I am inspired by the unified vision and focus, and the camaraderie among Integral Members. Food for the Hungry is very much looking forward to being part of larger, joint responses to major disasters, as well as to learning and growing together in how to engage more effectively in those responses.”
Laurie Cook, the Chair of the Integral Board, says: “On behalf of the Board of Integral I want to welcome Food for the Hungry into the alliance. We are privileged to have them join us. One of the things that I have observed over the years is the wonderful way in which new Members have been immersed in our community immediately. I believe it’s because of the reception that they receive, and their own willingness to dive in, but probably most of all, it is because of our collective, shared passion to work together, to move beyond discussion and do something special that will truly be transformational for the people we serve and ourselves.”
The Integral Board, made up of the CEO’s and Presidents of its Member organisations, voted unanimously in favour of Food for the Hungry joining Integral.
Food for the Hungry website: www.fh.org
More Information about Integral:
- Integral’s vision is a world without poverty.
- Our mission is to work in collaboration as national relief and development agencies committed to maximising the holistic impact of our Christian response to the poor worldwide. Integral’s main focus is on working together when disasters happen, and to find opportunities for our Members to collaborate and so maximise our resources and impact following a disaster.
On Integral Collaboration:
- Integral’s goal is for all its Members to become more effective and efficient in their work and to see greater impact and reach as a result of working collaboratively. This means making sure that Integral Members share information and play complementary roles with the resources they have available when an emergency happens. The Integral Secretariat plays a co-ordinating role to facilitate better communication between all Members in disaster situations with the aim of increasing support and avoiding duplication.
- Integral is committed to working with the Micah Network and the World Evangelical Alliance to ensure that excellence is championed and collaboration encouraged within our wider constituencies.
Integral has 17 Members who work in over 85 countries & currently fund over 1100 projects in more than 30 sectors. Our Members have a combined income of over $350m USDs and are:
CEDAR Fund – Hong Kong
Christian Reformed World Relief Committee – Canada & USA
Food for the Hungry – USA
Integra – Slovakia
MAP International – USA
Missions Alliance – Norway
Mission East – Denmark
SEL France – France
Strømme Foundation – Norway
TEAR Australia – Australia
Tearfund – Belgium
TEAR Fund – New Zealand
Tear Fund – Switzerland
Tearfund – UK
World Relief Canada – Canada
World Relief – USA
- In disaster situations Integral Members have previously collaborated in:
- 2004: Indonesia Tsunami, Sri Lanka Tsunami
- 2006: Indonesia Earthquake
- 2007: Bangladesh Floods, Zimbabwe Humanitarian Crisis
- 2008: Kenya Unrest, China Earthquake, Myanmar Cyclone, Democratic Republic of Congo, East Africa Food Crisis, India floods
- 2009: Sri Lanka (internally displaced people), Pakistan floods, Asian disasters
- 2010: Haiti earthquake, Sahel food crisis, Indonesia earthquake, Guatemala Hurricane, Pakistan floods
- 2011: Cote d’Ivoire, Libya, North Korea, South Sudan, Japan earthquake, Middle East, East Africa food crisis
See website for more info: www.integralalliance.org
Fiona Boshoff, Director of Integral
Sarah Fordham, Communications Officer