"Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I"
Pastor shot by Islamic militants in PAKISTAN
10 October, It is reported that an evangelical Pastor in Faisalabad, Pakistan was shot by Islamic militants who opposed his Christian activities in the area.
The incident occurred after a church service and dinner when Pastor Babar Bhatti of the Presbyterian Church in Faisalabad was walking with a youth member of the church. The attackers shot Pastor Babar in the leg and fled the scene.
This incident followed death threats received by Pastor Babar on 30 September from a banned Islamic group.
Pastor Babar Bhatti is presently recovering from a surgery performed to remove the bullets lodged in his leg.
- Pray for the healing of Pastor Babar Bhatti
- Pray that God would strengthen Pastor Babar to remain steadfast in his faith
- Pray that in spite of the attack, the Pastor would be able to boldly proclaim the Gospel and continue his ministry in the area
- Pray for protection over Pastor Babar Bhatti and his family
Prayer meeting attacked; Pastor assaulted in INDIA
9 October, A mob of about 50 Hindu extremists attacked a prayer meeting held on 18 September for people living with HIV and the visually impaired in Hassan, Karanataka.
Reports state the mob assaulted the pastor conducting the programme, chased away all those who attended the prayer meeting and threw away the dinner prepared for the participants. The mob also seized 5 Christians who were subsequently handed over to the area Police Station, where they were detained throughout the night.
The Police acting on a complaint lodged by the mob, seized the Christians' vehicles and other equipment used at the programme. The Police further filed a case against the Pastor who was accused of forceful conversion.
- Pray that all Christians harassed in the incident would continue to stand strong in their faith
- Pray for the Pastor assaulted in the attack that he would persist in carrying out his work for the Kingdom
- Pray for protection over all Christians in Karanataka who often face persecution
– Evangelical Fellowship of India (EFI) Persecution News
16 year-old Christian boy charged with blasphemy in PAKISTAN
8 October, A 16 year old Christian boy was arrested by Police in Pakistan, for allegedly sending blasphemous text messages. The day following the arrest, a mob ransacked the home of the boy, Ryan Stanten, setting fire to his family's belongings. A police official stated that the blasphemy case against the boy was only recorded to calm the mob and to save the house from further damage.
In a media report the boy said, "I do not know who sent the text message, neither is there any record in the sent messages, but they (the mob) wouldn't listen and kept insisting that I should admit my action."
Following the incident, the family of Ryan has gone in to hiding
- Pray for protection over the boy and his family
- Pray that those charging the boy with blasphemy would experience a change in heart and stop pursuing charges
- Pray that Blasphemy laws in Pakistan would be repealed
The World Evangelical Alliance is a global ministry working with local churches around the world to join in common concern to live and proclaim the Good News of Jesus in their communities. God is glorified and the nations of the earth are forever transformed.
The purpose of the WEA Religious Liberty Prayer Release is to keep you informed and mobilized in prayer and intercession for the needs of justice and religious liberty in the Church around the globe, so that we can stand together for the work of the Kingdom and the healing of the Nations. The Prayer Release is comprised on the basis of different credible Christian based resources.