Let us join together in Prayer to LIFT our Nation to the Lord
(from the Philippine Council of Evangelical Churches)
Pray Until Something Happen
- Pray for the newly-formed Evangelical Disaster Response Network (EDRN) through the leadership of Bishop Ef Tendero, who have met to strategize on how they can be effective in disaster response. These faith-based relief and development organizations were able to identify the areas in Visayas where they have strong connections and the field of expertise, and resources they can best provide. Pray for them: PCEC PHILRADS/ iHELP, ABCOOP, CAMACOP/PCAC, CCF, SCANDINAVIAN, SCM, FOOD FOR THE HUNGRY ASIA & PHILS. TAP/WYCLIFFE, Operation Compassion, HABITAT, International Needs, Operation Blessing, CRCP/World Renew, PCMN, COMPASSION PHILS., & Bearers of Hope. Pray as they will be working with the ministerial pastors in the provinces.
- Pray that our Lord will give wisdom, steadfast spirit, insight and political will among our national, regional, and local government officials in mapping out and implementing a sustained plan of action for relief, rescue and rehabilitation in the provinces devastated by typhoon Yolanda: Samar, Antique Iloilo, Leyte (Tacloban, Ormoc ,Bohol etc.), Cebu, Aklan, Palawan & Masbate being the hardest hit.
- Pray that the billions of aid will be wisely and properly distributed and allocated to the survivors.
- Pray that no corrupt officials will be able to lay their hands on any of the relief, money or goods for their own selfish motives. Pray for the fear of the Lord and compassion in their hearts to overwhelm them. May they not covet any donations and goods given to the survivors.
- Pray for the miracle healing to those who are ill, comfort to the survivors and salvation of all Filipino people in the Visayan provinces and also Palawan. Pray that they will be able to cope up with their loss: death of family members, damaged houses and properties, loss of business and jobs. Pray that they will open their hearts to the Lord and come to realize that He is the only hope through the mighty work of the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for the body of Christ in the Philippines to be a source of blessing to the typhoon survivors in word and deed. Pray that the love of God manifest to all through the power and grace of the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for good health, strength and provisions for all volunteers from different organizations, NGO’s, Churches, individuals and the government as they serve the survivors in the devastated provinces.
- Pray for the government efforts to airlift survivors in Tacloban via C130 to Villamor Airbase. Survivors have been lining up for days already, rain or shine. Most of them are still unsure of the next step to do. Pray that their spiritual eyes be open to the truth. Pray for Christians to give needed counseling or trauma debriefing to survivors as they arrive in Villamor Airbase.
- Let us continually pray for the rehabilitation work of these provinces and we will be able to declare,
“Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work with in us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”
The Philippine Council of Evangelical Churches is WEA's member body in the Philippines. Visit www.pceconline.org for more information.