Christian Persecution – A reality we need to face!
Christians in the 10/40 Window (and in many other regions of the world) are facing a dramatic rise in persecution in the form of abduction, torture, and death. There are several situations that we are not at liberty to discuss, but which require immediate prayer. Please pray now!
Believers must meet in secret for fear of being detected by the government, religious police, or terrorist groups.
In Islamic states, where Shari'a law is enforced, converts to Christianity often face the death penalty. Most of these countries prohibit evangelism of any kind. Christian expatriates who share their faith are arrested and deported.
In recent years, terrorist groups have begun abducting Christians and either holding them for ransom or murdering them. Al-Shabaab (Somalia), al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM – Algeria), al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, and Partisans of Shari'a have all made a practice of targeting westerners and Christians. In Eritrea (Horn of Africa) approximately 3000 Christians are currently incarcerated in severe, inhuman circumstances! Only certain Churches are allowed to function under the strict rule and regulations for the dictatorial regime.
* Christians be strong in the Lord and the power of His might. (Ephesians 6:10)
* the Lord to strengthen and encourage those facing persecution. Pray for the Lord to be present with those who are being held captive and deliver them from harm. Pray for them to feel the love and presence of the Lord surrounding them. (Romans 8:35)
* the Lord to send His angels to do spiritual warfare and minister to those who are in dangerous situations and whose lives are at risk. (Psalm 91:11)
* the Lord to give government leaders wisdom and strategies in dealing with persecution and with terrorism. Pray for these leaders to represent the interests of their citizens – including Christians. (Proverbs 1:7)
* the Lord to raise up watchmen who are prayer warriors to beseech God on behalf of persecuted Christians. (Ephesians 6:18)
* the church to rise up in its governmental authority – the highest authority on the face of the earth – and declare and decree the protection of our Brothers and Sisters. (Psalm 62:6)
* Christians to pray without ceasing for their persecuted Brothers and Sisters, as they would for one of their own relatives. (Ephesians 6:18)
Source: Window International Network, Undisclosed Sources