Ebola is deadly. It has no cure or vaccines and kills between 25% to 90% of infected victims, but it can be checked and stemmed quickly if measures are taken and applied diligently.
Somehow, the case in Guinea has been allowed to get out of hand and now across the nation panic and uncertainty has gripped the population.
People are not well informed, and in some cases even misinformed. Cases are being investigated in neighbouring countries of Liberia and Sierra Leone. Senegal has shut her border with Guinea. A lot of efforts have been employed in the last two weeks to try and contain the continual propagation of infections. Yet, without any doubt divine intervention is inevitable. Let us all join our hearts and faith in prayer before the throne of God in favour of Guinea.
This is dear on my heart personally. It burdens me very much to see a Guinean die without Christ. Besides, my family is stuck in the middle of it all in Conakry.
- That God will cause the epidemic to cease at once
- The Guinean authorities will know what to do under this difficult circumstances
- This whole situation will draw people to God, as when Moses lifted up the bronze serpent
- Affected families and individuals will be comforted
- My family and team will be protected and sustained
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit abide with you.
Former General Secretary of the Evangelical Fellowship of Guinea (AEMEG) and a member of the AEMEG board.