“Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.” Hebrews 13:3
Dear Friends in Christ,
The World Evangelical Alliance is a global ministry working with local churches around the world to join in common concern to live and proclaim the Good News of Jesus in their communities. God is glorified and the nations of the earth are forever transformed.
The purpose of the WEA Religious Liberty Prayer Release is to keep you informed and mobilized in prayer and intercession for the needs of justice and religious liberty in the Church around the globe, so that we can stand together for the work of the Kingdom and the healing of the Nations. The Prayer Release is comprised on the basis of different credible resources.
Christian convert arrested in Iran
On 18th April, Rahmat Rostamipour was arrested by officers from the Ministry of Intelligence following a raid on his home. During the arrest, the officers also confiscated Bibles, mobile phones, and ID cards.
Following the incident, the authorities interrogated Rahmat’s wife on suspicion of house church activities and engaging in propaganda against the regime. She was later released without being charged. Rahmat’s place of detention is not yet known.
- Pray for the safety of Rahmat Rostamipour while in detention
- Pray for the immediate release of Rahmat
- Pray for God’s protection and comfort over the family as they work toward securing Rahmat’s release
- Pray for greater freedoms for Christians in Iran
18 Christians killed, 92 houses razed in Kaduna, Nigeria
On 26th April, suspected Fulani Herdsmen killed 18 Christians and burned down 92 houses in attacks on 4 villages in the Kaduna state in Nigeria.
The incident followed a similar episode of violence in March 2022, when around 50 people were killed and over 100 abducted by suspected Fulani militants in 9 villages in the Kaduna state. The militants also abducted a church minister, razed a church and many homes and set ablaze around 30 vehicles in the attacks.
- Pray for those grieving the loss of loved ones in the attacks
- Pray that there would be an end to the attacks on Christian communities in Nigeria
- Pray for God’s protection over churches and Christians in Kaduna
78 foreign pastors forced out of Turkey in the last 3 years
According to a report by the Association of Protestant Churches in Turkey, 78 foreign protestant pastors and their families have been forced out from the country since 2019.
The report states that the pastors and their families were given special codes which prevented their entry to Turkey on the grounds of national security. 35 pastors were issued such codes in 2019, 30 in 2020 and 13 in 2021.
The codes, which act as de facto entry bans, are known as N-82 which bars foreigners from entering the country without prior permission and G-87, which are issued to individuals who pose a general security threat.
- Pray for greater freedoms for Christian pastors in Turkey
- Pray that the authorities would discontinue their discriminatory policies toward Christians in the country
- Pray that churches would continue to stand firm and minister the gospel despite the challenges they face